Combines several converters for the price of one all in a robust aluminium case with easy to use LCD and button control system.
Combining capabilities usually reserved for a computer controlled converter the DECIMATOR MD-HX Miniature HDMI/SDI Cross Converter with Scaling & Frame Rate Conversion is a small independent device that features the same proven cross converter found in DECIMATOR’s larger MD-DUCC. The MD-HX features both an HDMI and a 3G-SDI input, and can cross convert either signal to the other. It features a built-in scaler and frame rate converter as well, allowing you to convert the input signal to your required output standard.
The MD-HX features one HDMI output and two pairs of 3G-SDI outputs, controllable via fourteen selectable conversion modes, providing you with a variety of modes to fit your needs. This converter does not require a computer or DIP switches to control as it incorporates a small LCD screen for menu functions, and four buttons for control. It comes with a power supply with locking power cable to prevent accidental power loss during use.
Note: Firmware Release 2.0.6 adds 3G-SDI Level B support for 1080p60/59.94/50 for this model, as well as the ability to set the SDI output to 3G level A or B and convert between A and B. It also enables horizontal and vertical image flipping via the built-in scaler.
14 Conversion Modes:
1. SDI In to HDMI and SDI Out
2. SDI In to SDI Out and HDMI In to HDMI Out
3. SDI In to SDI Out and Scaled SDI In to HDMI Out
4. SDI In to SDI Out and Scaled HDMI In to HDMI Out
5. HDMI In to SDI Out and SDI In to HDMI Out
6. HDMI In to HDMI and SDI Out
7. HDMI In to SDI Out and Scaled SDI In to HDMI Out
8. HDMI In to SDI Out and Scaled HDMI In to HDMI Out
9. Scaled SDI In to SDI Out and SDI In to HDMI Out
10. Scaled SDI In to SDI Out and HDMI In to HDMI Out
11. Scaled SDI In to HDMI and SDI Out
12. Scaled HDMI In to SDI Out and SDI In to HDMI Out
13. Scaled HDMI In to SDI Out and HDMI In to HDMI Out
14. Scaled HDMI In to HDMI and SDI Out
HDMI to SDI / SDI to HDMI
The HDMI or SDI input can be scaled and/or frame rate converted to the required standard.
Four SD/HD/3G-SDI outputs allow the converter to be used as a 1 to 4 distribution amplifier. SDI output pair 1 can either be a copy of the SDI input (default) or the same as pair 2.
The MD-HX incorporates an LCD and button control system. This gives you access to features that have usually require a computer. Adjusting DIP switches or having access to a computer to change a simple setting are no needed with the MD-HX.
The audio pairs in the SDI and HDMI outputs can be rearranged as required.
The unit incorporates a USB port for control and firmware updates.
HDMI & 3G-SDI Input
Converts HDMI to SDI & SDI to HDMI
Upscales/Downscales, Converts Frame Rate
HDMI, 2 x SDI Loop Through & 2 x SDI Out
14 Different Conversion Modes
LCD Info Screen with Button Controls
Threaded Locking Power Connector
3G:SMPTE 424M@2.97 and 2.967Gb/s
HD:SMPTE 292M/274M/296M@1.485 and 1.435Gb/s
• 1 x HDMI input
• 1 x (3G/HD/SDJ-SDI input
• Positive Centre Pin
_LCD / BUTTON
• SDI output source from HDMI IN, SDI IN, Scaler
• SUI output 1 is loop
• HDMI output type and source from HDMI IN, SDI IN, Scaler
• Scaler source, reference, format and Aspect Controls
• Audio pair routing for HDMI and SDI output
• LCD backlight off time
• Back to Status time
• 1 x HDMI
• 2 × (3G/HD/SD)-SDI Active Loop-through or addition outputs
• 2 × (3G/HD/SD)-SDI outputs
79.5mm x 123mm x 29.5mm (3.1″” x 4.8″” × 1.2″”)